A note to my friend’s sunshine!


Hey Lil’ one,

Welcome to the big crazy world! Hope you have been enjoying all your time figuring out what are people upto! J
Don’t worry darling, only concentrate on your naps and food (or rather the source of food)! That’s all that matters now, as adults around here forget these basics and concentrate on everything else losing both sleep and food! 😁
I am still finding it difficult to absorb that you are already into existence. Let your Mom think of a very unique name for you (I suggested a few but she seems too overwhelmed to pick one quickly). Until then let me tell you things which you have missed all these years you had not been around us.

Ok! I don’t really understand what you are trying to say in between your cute snuggles and giggles but for now I’ll acknowledge all of those really seriously.
I am so very sorry and guilt of not being able to meet you yet, but trust me, by the time we actually meet, you will have known me already. Yeah! You already know what I mean! Is your mom started her chatterbox with you as well…Hmm, I understand she is hard to stop. I have had this for long, now it’s your share, and you can’t even help it…She’s your Mom! 😥
Ohh, you must have guessed it! I know her from when we started schooling together. I’ll tell you some tales about us! Be careful, she doesn’t skip some of it while reading to you.

We, the talkative gang –
We already had a gang (4 of us) in our nursery school. The teacher sat us separately every single day and we were together by noon. Obviously! We didn’t like disruption in our chatting.

Our first stage debut -
Both of us did our Stage debut together in Kindergarten. Both were dressed like traditional Bengali women for a fancy dress competition and my dear friend forgot her Bengali dialogue, and instead started chatting with me on the dais. Embarrassing, I know! So that was it!
So you can recall this for your first performance and try chilling if she is acting Mommy and lecturing you! 😄
But she is very good at Dancing and has given really good performances many times. Ask her to entertain you some times.

The epic bicycle ride –
When we were learning to ride bicycles, this girl slipped off the road and got into the drainage. In a state of panic, she didn’t stop her bike 😆 but instead kept riding in the drainage lane. Thankfully it was dry…. It had become the joke of he year, we kept recalling that incident always!

Friends who cry together!
On my 10th Birthday, two of us bumped into each other while the evening playtime. I broke my spectacles and the other friend broke a part of the front tooth but do you know what followed…. we all cried together for the fear that I might had gone blind by the heavily bleeding eye. They held me and dropped me home and kept crying until assured that I could still see. It’s nostalgic to narrate such memories. I so miss them all and there is a scar over my eye to remind me of my dear friends J

The secret revealer –
Your dear Mom, is really poor at secret keeping. So if she had recently absorbed a secret, it very well had to be told ASAP to me because at least she was assured it won’t get disclosed beyond me. Anyways, she claims she is better with secrets now. But can I tell you one thing, she broke your news to me way too early and then said ‘I only told you, don’t tell anyone else’…shhh! you know now. 😖
I am glad, all the secret-keeping load will go off my shoulders now…. Happy Secret keeping to you, Baby!

Do you know, she was the cutest in class until 9th grade, and should I tell you she is still the cutest. I know, you already know it. 😘
I am glad we have spent some very precious years of our lives together and feel nostalgic to recall such fun filled days. Let it be break times, after school times, chatting endlessly about anything and building up thoughts of events which would never occur.

Today I know, our priorities have changed and we have been busy in our respective lives, but every important event in her life gets me equally excited.
So dear baby, your arrival has made me equally excited. Every now and then I adore your first few photographs she sent and try to adore my cutest friend’s reflection in your face.
Many more tales to tell about your mommy when we get to actually meet!! Until then, be a happy cheerful little one surprising everyone around you, spreading joy and keeping your mommy on her toes.

Until we meet,
Lots of love from this invisible Masi!

Comments